- Meet one of the world’s first-ever humanoid service robots powered by cloud artificial intelligence, Sprint True Mobile 5G and proprietary vision-controlled grasping tech that enables it to perform many tasks
- The global leader in cloud AI architecture and robotics will introduce the XR-1 to guests at the Sprint exhibit – South Hall #1702
SANTA CLARA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#AI—CloudMinds Technology Inc. – a global pioneer in cloud artificial intelligence architecture that makes robots and businesses smarter for the benefit of all humanity – will have its revolutionary XR-1 robot interact with guests at the Sprint exhibit (South Hall #1702) at Mobile World Congress Los Angeles, Oct. 22 to 24. XR-1 is one of the first-ever humanoid robots powered by cloud artificial intelligence, commercial Sprint True Mobile 5G and proprietary vision-controlled grasping technology for service robots that also leverages human operator input for constant learning.
“Overall, intelligent cloud robots paint the most vibrant picture of how 5G’s ultra-low latency, exponentially faster speeds and wider reach can dramatically improve response time and enable a new world of applications,” said Bill Huang, founder and CEO of CloudMinds. “With vision-controlled grasping and the ability to perform intricate tasks, the XR-1 simply raises the bar and lays the foundation for an even wider range of intelligent compliant cloud service robots from CloudMinds – from wheeled to two-legged form factors. We are proud to be ushering in a new era of helpful robots for homes and businesses, with an emphasis on the importance of human input.”
XR-1: Changing the Game in Cloud AI + Robotics
The XR-1 is a highly intelligent service-oriented humanoid robot, representing a new level of technology development and commercialization in the area of intelligent service robotics. A unique combination of groundbreaking technologies brings XR-1 to life:
Intelligence in the cloud, collaboration with humans:
- Cloud Brain – HARIX (Human Augmented Robotics Intelligence with eXtreme Reality): CloudMinds’ unique Cloud Brain is the world’s premiere hybrid operating platform. Supervised by a human operator, the highly scalable system can host numerous robot “brains” simultaneously. Vision processing, natural language processing, robotic motion control, vision-guided grasping and manipulation are just some capabilities integrated organically into the platform.
- Nerve Network (Ultra-secure intranet): Mission-critical solutions require unprecedented levels of security for connections – from the chip to the cloud. CloudMinds’ Virtual Backbone Network (VBN) combines the power of high-performance, low latency fixed and mobile network technology; blockchain technologies; and more innovations to manage cloud robotics through connectivity that’s completely isolated from the internet, guaranteeing the ultimate level of security.
Pioneering vision-controlled grasping technology:
- With proprietary Smart Compliant Actuator (SCA) technology that enables precision grasping capabilities, coupled with the Cloud Brain/HARIX platform, XR-1 can perform intricate tasks – from fist bumps, to needle threading, grasping objects and more.
- XR-1 has more than 30 proprietary smart joints built in its body, enabling it to perform precise movements and manipulations. Each robot body has a central control unit that controls all smart joints and sensors, and a robot controller that connects the robot to the Cloud Brain/HARIX platform through the secure Nerve Network.
To learn more about CloudMinds’ groundbreaking technologies and the deployment of cloud AI solutions with partners, or to schedule a briefing with CloudMinds executives at MWCLA, contact: [email protected]
ABOUT CLOUDMINDS INC.
CloudMinds is a builder and operator of an open end-to-end cloud robot system – and the very first to commercialize related products and services across the global robotics industry. The company’s pioneering world-class architecture is capable of operating a massive number of intelligent and secure robots simultaneously by giving them scalable access to powerful computation and storage resources in the cloud – also endowing them with a real-time open data center and shared knowledge base via a communication network. CloudMinds is on the cutting edge of the AI field, secured mobile communication and robotics. Its highly scalable operating platform creates an ecosystem that seamlessly integrates its products and services with all other major players in the robotics industry.
CloudMinds office locations, with approximately 700 employees, span the United States, Asia and Latin America. To learn more about CloudMinds’ mission, visit www.CloudMinds.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. #SmarterRobot
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served 54.3 million connections as of June 30, 2019, and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands, including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Today, Sprint’s legacy of innovation and service continues with an increased investment to dramatically improve coverage, reliability and speed across its nationwide network and commitment to launching a 5G mobile network in the U.S. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
©2019 CloudMinds Inc. All rights reserved. CloudMinds marks are trademarks of CloudMinds or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Andrew de Lara