Ghana Telecoms Serive Report 2017: The launch of 4G and Expansion of Fiber Network will Support Telecom Growth - Research and Markets
February 17, 2017 --
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Ghana: The launch of 4G and Expansion of Fiber Network will Support Telecom Growth." report to their offering.
The telecom services revenue in Ghana is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by growth in mobile data revenue. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment until 2019.
Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment in the telecom market and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.3% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by operators' investments in 3G and 4G network coverage and attractive data bundles offered by telcos. Going forward, operators look to invest in 3G/4G network upgradation, extend coverage and fiber-optic network deployments to improve and extend broadband connectivity in the country, which will provide significant opportunities for vendors and investors.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Ghana will grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by growth in the mobile data segment.
- Mobile revenue will account for 97.0% of the total telecom revenue in 2021; mobile data will be the fastest growing segment and will grow at a CAGR of 16.3% over the forecast period 2016-2021.
- 2G will be the most adopted mobile technology through 2021. However, its share in overall mobile subscriber base will decline over the forecast period 2016-2021, owing to rising adoption of 3G and 4G services over the coming years.
- The top two operators, MTN Ghana and Vodafone Ghana, will account for 76.7% share of overall service revenue in 2016, owing to strong 3G and 4G network coverage. We expect competition to intensify further as operators focus on competitive pricing plans and service innovation to further increase their market share.
- Operators will continue to focus on investments in 3G network expansion and launch of 4G services, fiber deployments to increase connectivity and cater to the rising data demand.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Market and competitor overview
3. Segment analysis
4. Identifying opportunities
- MTN Ghana
- Tigo Ghana
- Vodafone Ghana
- Expresso Ghana
- Airtel Ghana
- Glo Ghana
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5fnj2m/ghana_the_launch
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Related Topics: 4G and 5G