Global Online Payment Methods Report, H1 2017
October 13, 2017 --
Dublin, Oct. 13, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Global Online Payment Methods: First Half 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Global Online Payment Methods: First Half 2017, covers the variety of payment methods used by online shoppers worldwide. One interesting finding is that developing markets are quicker than mature markets to adopt new payment methods such as mobile.
While the findings of the report include that the preferred method of online payment varies widely by region and country, globally, credit cards and digital payment services are the most widely used. Debit cards, cash on delivery and bank transfers are the remaining methods in the top five. Consumers as well as merchants worldwide are concerned about security of online and mobile payments, as surveys cited in the report indicate that some consumers hesitate to adapt newer methods or to shop online, fearing loss or fraud.
The publication reports that developing economies are adopting new digital payment methods more rapidly than mature economies. Nine of the top ten countries where most Internet users are interested in mobile payments are developing markets, such as Indonesia, China, Kenya and Turkey. However, the advanced online market of the USA, for example, is also rapidly adopting newer payment methods such as mobile wallets. New regulations in the European Union are expected to facilitate the spread of innovative instant payments there. Online merchants worldwide are adapting to the variety of payment methods demanded by consumers, while maintaining vigilance to prevent fraud.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the top payment methods preferred by online shoppers in different countries?
- How do alternative payment methods fare compared to card payments online?
- What are the main online and mobile payment trends worldwide?
- What is the current state and the prospects of mobile payment solutions?
- How important is payment security to global consumers and merchants?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Global Developments
- Payment Methods Preferred in E-Commerce, in % of Online Shoppers, Q1 2017
- Reasons For Not Shopping Online, incl. Payment-Related, in % of Internet Users Who Do Not Shop Online, Q1 2017
- Card Spending, in USD trillion, and Breakdown by POS and E-Commerce, in %, 2015 & 2021f
- Breakdown of Card-Not-Present Fraud Loss, by Segment, in USD million, 2017-2021f (Total)
- Online Payment Fraud Detection and Prevention Spending, in USD billion, 2017e & 2022f
- Contactless Payment Transaction Value, in USD billion, 2017e & 2019f
- Number of Contactless Payment Users of Android Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay, in millions, 2015 - 2017e
- Share of Internet Users Who Are Likely To Use Mobile Payment in the Next Year, in % of Internet Users, by Selected Countries, Q1 2017
- Attitudes Towards Mobile Payment and Mobile Money, in % of Consumers, by Developed and Developing Markets, 2016
- Breakdown of the Number of Transactions/Purchases by Payment Methods, in %, as Perceived by Businesses and by Consumers, 2016
- Factors Most Important to Consumers in Deciding to Use Mobile Payments, in %, 2016
- Mobile Payment Security Features Demanded by Consumers and Implemented by Businesses, in %, 2016
- Entities Expected to Be The Most Disruptive in FinTech in the Next Five Years According to Financial Services and FinTech Executives, in %, 2017
- Expected Annual ROI According to Financial Services and FinTech Executives, in %, 2017
- Top Considerations in Online Shopping, incl. Payment-Related, in % of Consumers, November 2016
- Breakdown of the Number of E-Commerce Orders by Payment Methods in Southeast Asia, by Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand, in %, March 2017
- Online Payment Regulatory Trends, July 2017
- Breakdown of E-Commerce Spending in the EU by Payment Methods Considering PSD2 and Instant Payment Introduction, in %, 2012, 2017f, 2020f, 2022f, 2027f
- External Disruptors in European Payment Environment, in % of Payment Industry Experts, March 2017
- Payment Methods Preferred in E-Commerce, in % of Online Shoppers, October 2016
- Top 3 Criteria for Choosing a Payment Method, in % of Online Shoppers, 2016
- Mobile Payment Transactions, in EUR billion, 2016 & 2021f
5. North America
- Online and Mobile Payment Trends and News About Players, August 2017
- Digital and Mobile Payment Methods Used, in % of Online Shoppers, by Generation Y and Generation Z, March 2017
- Number of Adults Who Have Their Payment Card Information Stored on at Least One Website or Mobile App for Future Purchases, and Who Always Save Their Card Information Online, in millions, May 2017
- Number of Payment Transactions with Cards, in billions, and Value, in USD trillion, by Card Type and by Payment Transaction Type, 2015
- Number of Person-to-Person and Money Transfer Transactions, in millions, Value, in USD billion, and Average, in USD, by Original Channel, 2012 & 2015, and CAGR, in %, 2012-2015
- Number of Online Payment Authentication Transactions, in millions, Value, in USD billion, and Average, in USD, by Type, 2012 & 2015, and CAGR, in %, 2012-2015
- Mobile Wallet Transactions, in millions, Value, in USD billion, and Average, in USD, by Type, 2012 & 2015, and CAGR, in %, 2012-2015
- Types of Mobile Payments Made, in % of Banked Smartphone Users, January 2017
- Breakdown of Preferred Mobile Wallet Providers, in % of Current Mobile Wallet Users, Interested Non-Users and Total, January 2017
- Merchant Mobile Wallet Ownership, in % of Banked Smartphone Users, and Merchant Mobile Wallet Apps Used, in % of Merchant Wallet App Users, January 2017
- Issuer Mobile Wallet Ownership, in % of Banked Smartphone Users, and Issuer Mobile Wallet Apps Used, in % of Issuer Wallet App Users, January 2017
- Share of Banked Smartphone Users Who Own Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay Wallets, and Breakdown of the Pays Owned, in % of Pays Owners, January2017
- Penetration of Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay, by Enrolled, Have Used and Frequent Users, in % of Compatible Device Owners, January 2017
- Proximity Mobile Payment Transaction Value, in USD billion, 2016 - 2021f
- Share of Adults Who Used Online or Mobile P2P Payment in the Previous 12 Months, 2013 - 2021f
- Most Important Features in Money Transfer or Payment Applications and Services, in % of Adults, July 2017
6. Latin America
- Breakdown of E-Commerce Sales by Payment Methods, in%, 2017e
- Share of Mobile Shoppers Who Use Mobile Wallets to Pay for Products/Services Purchased via Mobile Device, in %, by Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru, August 2016
7. Middle East and Africa
- Breakdown of Payment Methods Preferred in E-Commerce, in % of Online Shoppers in GCC, October 2016
- Share of Online Shoppers in MENA Who Used Smartphone to Pay for Purchases Online, in %, 2016
- Number of FinTech Startups in MENA, 2013, 2015 & 2020f
- Number of Registered Mobile Money Accounts in Sub-Saharan Africa, in millions, December 2005 & December 2016
- Amazon.com Inc
- Ant financial services
- Apple Inc
- China UnionPay Co. Ltd
- Deutsche Bank AG
- GMO Payment Gateway Inc.
- Google Inc
- iDEAL BVKlarna Holding AB
- Mastercard Inc
- PayPal Holdings Inc
- Samsung Pay Inc
- Sofort AG
- Tencent Holdings Ltd
- Visa Inc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/m8xvjl/global_online
CONTACT: CONTACT: Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager [email protected] For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 Related Topics: E-Business, Online Banking