Retired Admiral James Stavridis headlines keynote speakers
LA JOLLA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–GoSec, Canada’s leading information security conference and exposition, announced that the event will be virtual this year, citing public health and safety as the top priority. GoSec has reimagined ways to best serve the cybersecurity community with a rich digital experience that will continue to shape and support the industry while engaging a broader audience. The event, which brings together many cybersecurity professionals each year, will take place online on September 23rd and 24th.
For 16 years, GoSec’s mission has been to bring together various stakeholders and leaders in the cybersecurity field to exchange knowledge, share research, and provide education and training. The conference aims to be a place where cybersecurity professionals learn about new trends and challenges and this year’s conference will be no different.
“As a long-time sponsor of GoSec, we’re excited to develop ways to bring the North American cybersecurity community together,” said Neal Creighton, CEO of GoSecure. “This year’s lineup of industry experts and session topics will offer attendees valuable insights to better protect their organizations and stay ahead of the ever-changing threat landscape.”
Highlights of GoSec 2020:
Keynote Speakers – four keynote speakers will share their cybersecurity insights and perspectives including:
- Admiral James Stavridis, Operating Executive at The Carlyle Group and former Supreme Allied Commander of the NATO Alliance, overseeing all global operations, including cybersecurity
- Chloe Messdaghi, VP of Strategy at Point3 Security and an ethical hacker advocate
- Miju Han, Director of Product Management at Hacker One and an expert in building practical and actionable tools for security teams
- Chris Roberts, vCISO or advisor for numerous organizations and one of the world’s foremost experts on counter threat intelligence and vulnerability research
- Conference sessions – 30+ sessions over two days covering a wide range of topics in risk management, operational security, audit and governance and cybersecurity research
- Workshops – five complimentary workshops on September 22nd where attendees can learn from subject matter experts in a hands-on environment about new attack trends and techniques and how to defend against them.
Admiral James Stavridis’ keynote presentation exemplifies the unique and timely perspectives coming together at GoSec 2020. In his keynote, “Geopolitics and Leadership in the Time of Coronavirus,” Admiral Stavridis will lay out the strategic global landscape, addressing both winners and losers as we work through the challenges of the virus – including the impact on cybersecurity. He will also illuminate the leadership qualities needed to overcome the difficult hurdles ahead.
Registration and event details are available at www.gosec.net.
GoSec brings together experts in the information technology security field from multiple sectors for more than 16 years now. In addition to being a great networking opportunity, the event allows participants to learn about new industry trends and topics by offering more than 25 talks covering topics such as: audit and governance, risk management, research, and operational security. GoSec’s commitment to the cybersecurity community drives us each year to organize this event to encourage content sharing, discussions, training, and connections. Our goal is to bring all cybersecurity professional together to push forward and make our industry better.