Increasing adoption of company’s serverless cloud database – Astra DB – accelerating momentum
SANTA CLARA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–DataStax today announced continued strong momentum as more enterprises build modern data applications with the company’s leading database technologies. DataStax’s flagship cloud database, Astra DB, saw a 263 percent year-over-year growth in registrations since its launch and 131 percent growth in the last 8 months from the same period in the previous year.
In the company’s second quarter, which ended in July, leading brands including Albertsons Companies, Barracuda Networks, Circle, DTN, OANDA, NTT Communications Corporation, Priceline, and Verinovum chose DataStax’s Astra DB and other database offerings to power their modern data applications with high performance, scale and availability.
What customers and partners are saying about DataStax
- Priceline is a leader in online travel deals. “Priceline has used DataStax Enterprise to foster the performance, reliability, and scalability our Cassandra database needs to support millions of travel searches per day, leveraging real-time data from thousands of partners to deliver the best deals for our customers. As we modernize and develop more apps for the cloud, we’re excited to tap the power of DataStax Astra DB to further improve our data management agility, cost optimization, all while continuing to deliver secure and high-performant experiences to our customers anywhere in the world.”
—Martin Brodbeck, chief technology officer, Priceline
- Barracuda Networks, Inc. is a trusted partner and leading provider of cloud-enabled security solutions. “At Barracuda, we keep a close pulse on innovations that can improve our cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that protect email, networks, data, and applications. We have a history of partnering with DataStax for their well-known Apache Cassandra expertise. I’m excited to learn that DataStax is now offering Astra DB as a managed service, and we look forward to further enhancing the predictive analytics in our early warning and alerting systems with richer, higher velocity data interactions across clouds at the global scale.”
—Fleming Shi, chief technology officer, Barracuda
- NTT Communications Corporation has been promoting API-first business development as Smart Data Platform (SDPF). “In recent years, as API-first business development becomes de facto, global security attacks are becoming commonplace. In “API Gateway as a Service X”, which is the core of SDPF, we are conducting a PoC with the DataStax team to detect security risks based on API usage using DSE/Graph DB while maintaining security best practices for NTT Communications’ API services. We believe that DataStax will play an important role in enabling customers to promote their business by exposing their API services with greater confidence.”
—Yasuhide Kato, senior manager, NTT Communications Corporation
- Netlify is a web development cloud computing partner that offers a platform to build, run and scale modern web projects. “We’re thrilled to join forces with DataStax to give our customers access to Astra DB and Astra Streaming, which enables them to build highly performant and highly available data apps at a global scale without breaking the bank.”
—Sarfaraz Rydhan, senior director of business development, Netlify
- Circle Parental Controls provides content filtering and screen time management solutions for families. “As a software developer, I want to spend my time writing code, not babysitting a database. DataStax Astra DB is the perfect Database as a Service solution because we get the performance, scalability, and reliability of a Cassandra database to query large volumes of data, but without any hassle, enabling the team to focus on our mission to make families’ lives better, online and off.”
—Nathan Bak, principal engineer, Circle
- OANDA is a global leader in online multi-asset trading services, currency data and analytics. “We chose DataStax Astra DB to underpin our data systems in our journey from on-premise to cloud-native infrastructure. Astra DB was a natural fit because of their native integration with GCP. The ability to quickly launch Cassandra clusters across GCP regions and zones, automated tuning, and accelerated application development with Stargate Data APIs drive efficiencies for our development teams as we work to transform global currency interactions with real-time data. DataStax affords us the necessary agility to achieve this while still meeting our data security, scalability and high-performance standards.”
—Elliott O’Brien, chief information officer, OANDA
- Verinovum works with healthcare payers, providers, and partner organizations to enhance the completeness, cleanliness, and accuracy of clinical data. “We use DataStax Enterprise to accelerate our curation and enrichment of disparate clinical data, enabling our healthcare provider and payer clients to deliver better business and patient outcomes. We are exploring DataStax Astra DB as we expand our hybrid cloud model and our Data Curation as a Service (DCaaS) platform, for serverless flexibility with high performance in processing billions of data points.”
—Ryan Campbell, chief vision officer, Verinovum
DataStax’s commitment to partnering with enterprises to help them deliver on strategic data initiatives has been recognized by its customers, recently earning DataStax the NorthFace ScoreBoard Service Award. This accolade is given to organizations who have demonstrated their commitment to going above and beyond for their customers throughout the year.
“We’re proud of our continued growth, and we will continue to obsess over customers — it’s about our partnership and serving their needs,” said Chet Kapoor, DataStax chairman and chief executive officer. “We strive to be a trusted and long-term partner to all of our enterprise customers as they build and grow a data-driven business that will enable them to remain competitive and win in this ‘decade of data.’”
Other recent DataStax highlights:
- Launched Astra Streaming, an event streaming and messaging service built on Apache Pulsar™ and integrated with Astra DB, designed to manage data in motion and data at rest in multi-cloud environments.
- Opened its APAC headquarters in Singapore to capitalize on the impressive growth potential of the APAC region, led by the rising popularity of Astra DB, the company’s serverless database built on Apache Cassandra.
- Partnered with Netlify allowing for a fully functional dynamic application on the Jamstack, an architecture that unites the ecosystem, offering developers a choice of tools, along with automation and a workflow used in modern web development.
- Added Judith Sim to the DataStax board of directors. Judith is a well known go-to-market expert who worked for Oracle for nearly three decades, including serving as Oracle’s CMO.
- Expanded the DataStax leadership team with enterprise software industry veterans Thomas Been, chief marketing officer, Chris Vogel, chief people officer, and Shankar Ramaswamy, head of engineering.
- Published new research in the State of the Data Race Report, which outlines how companies are using open source software and Kubernetes to win with data — and how other organizations can close the gap.
- DataStax Astra serverless DBaaS: A Fully Managed Apache Cassandra That Scales Effortlessly and Affordably
- DataStax Blog: The Fast Lane and the Open Data Stack
- DataStax Blog: We Polled 500 IT Leaders About Winning with Data. Here’s What We Learned…
- DataStax Report: The State of the Data Race 2021
- DataStax Infographic: How Leading Organizations are Setting the Pace With Data
- DataStax Press Release: DataStax Delivers Scale-Out Enterprise Event Streaming for Modern Data Apps
- DataStax Press Release: DataStax Accelerates In Asia-Pacific With New Singapore Headquarters
- DataStax Press Release: Our Customers Have Spoken: DataStax Receives NorthFace ScoreBoard Service Award for Exceptional Customer Service
- Netlify Blog: Netlify adds four database & backend partners to its enterprise tech showcase
DataStax delivers an open, multi-cloud data stack built on Apache Cassandra™, the world’s most scalable database. The company’s marquee offering is Astra DB, the industry’s first open, multi-cloud serverless database. Built on a modern, Kubernetes-based architecture, Astra DB provides an unprecedented combination of pay-as-you-go data, simplified operations, and the freedom of multi-cloud and open source. DataStax also offers Astra Streaming, a multi-cloud messaging and event streaming platform built on Apache Pulsar™.
With DataStax, any developer or enterprise can now deploy data at massive scale, with 100 percent uptime, for lower cost. Today, nearly 500 of the world’s most demanding enterprises and half of the Fortune 100 rely on DataStax to power modern data apps, including The Home Depot, T-Mobile, and Intuit.
© 2021 DataStax, All Rights Reserved. DataStax is a registered trademark of DataStax, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Apache, Apache Cassandra, Cassandra, Apache Pulsar, Pulsar, and Apache Kafka are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation or its subsidiaries in Canada, the United States, and/or other countries.