OLDWICK, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The August issue of Best’s Review examines the use of cryptocurrency in the insurance industry. Also covered are emerging issues facing the reinsurance sector, including a changing rate environment, losses from catastrophes and the pandemic.
- “Cryptocurrency: Insurance Industry Tests the Waters with New Initiatives,” examines the ways insurers are starting to gain experience with digital currency.
- In “Cryptocurrency Opens New Frontier for Life Insurers,” Best’s Review speaks with Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Co., Build Asset Management and AM Best’s Rosemarie Mirabella and Tom Rosendale about cryptocurrency developments in the life sector.
- Startups have found a home in well-established reinsurance hubs as well as emerging locales. Best’s Review explores the new reinsurance startups in “New Reinsurers Enter the Market Amid a Rise in Innovation, Abundant Capital and a Market-Changing Pandemic.”
- Insurtechs have used technology and data to improve the customer experience and help spur innovation in the industry. “Insurtechs’ Innovation, Big Data Catch the Attention of Reinsurers” explains why reinsurers are paying close attention.
- The insurance industry wants a government-assisted business interruption gap fix before the next pandemic hits. “Pandemic Backstops Face Uphill Battle Amid COVID-19 Crisis” reports on where those proposals stand.
Also in the August issue:
- A report on the Russia insurance market includes a ranking of the largest insurers in Russia and Kazakhstan, based on AM Best data. Learn more in “AM Best: COVID-19 Sparked Innovation for Insurers in Russia.”
- “Tennessee Cuts Capital Requirements for Protected Cell Captives” includes a ranking of the largest risk retention groups.
- Find out the Best’s Rankings of “U.S. Property/Casualty—2020 Direct Premiums Written by Line.”
Full access to the complete content of Best’s Review is available at www.bestreview.com.
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2021 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Executive Editor, Best’s Review®
+1 908 439 2200, ext. 5540